Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sister Vaimalama Masoe

There were times in my life that I felt like I had no purpose at all, and no hope. I felt so lonely and like I had no one to turn to. I doubted my savior Jesus Christ and his teachings, and asked "why me", "why is everyone else so happy", and "why I am feeling this way"? One day, I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 19 about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It talked about the sacrifice He made and how he bled from every pore, for me. All I could picture in my mind was Him on the cross. I began to cry, and then it hit me that my Savior Jesus Christ suffered for me. I crawled off my bed and kneeled to talk with my Heavenly Father. All I could tell him at that moment was that I was so grateful for Christ's sacrifice for me. At that moment, I knew that He lives, and that I can do hard things no matter what. I asked specifically if there was anything I could do with my life to show my great love for my Savior. Because of the love I have for my Savior Jesus Christ's Atonement and perfect example for me, I was instilled with a desire to pay him back for what he did. Missionary work was the only thing I could think of as I contemplated what to do.I knew that serving a mission was the answer to my prayer. I could not deny it. So here I am, serving a mission many miles away from home. I love my parents so much for all that they have done for me. I have always wanted to make them happy with the decisions I make in my life, that being another reason I chose to go on a mission.

I know that this is the truth. This is the right path that lead us back to our loving Heavenly Father. His love for each of us is equal. He sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to atone for our mistakes and help us in our hard times. I would invite each of you to study the life of our Savior Jesus Christ and ponder with a sincere heart the things He did. It has change me spiritually and physically. His example filled my soul. No matter how hard life is it will all be made right if we seek to know Him in our hearts. I'm forever grateful for this gospel, the joy I feel every time I learn of His teachings, how amazing it is to be in the truth, and to feel so close to my Heavenly Father. I know that this is truly God's work on earth. I know it, I live it, and I love it. I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His church on earth. This is where we find true peace and joy! "Ma e moni Ou te fai atu ia te oe, ia e tuu ese mea o lenei lalolagi, ma saili mo mea o se lalolagi sili atu ona lelei" Mataupu Faavae ma Feagaiga 25:10

-Sister Vaimalama Masoe


No comments:

Post a Comment