Saturday, April 19, 2014

Elder Juan C. Alarcon

Throughout my life I have had many great opportunities to share my talent of playing the organ and piano. I have played for important events at the high school and university levels. I have also been part of special celebrations in my community back home but nothing compares to the joy I have had as I've shared my talents with my fellow brothers and sisters in my mission. I have had the opportunity to lead the Mission choir in a couple of firesides and the joy and blessings those firesides have brought me is unmeasurable.
 
We are taught in the scriptures, "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." (D&C 25:12) I have seen this scripture come to pass. I have received greater joy, peace and everlasting happiness while serving my Heavenly Father through music. I believe that you get closer to our Heavenly Father through music. It is important to surround ourselves with good and uplifting music so we can be in tune with the Spirit. When we are in tune with our Heavenly Father and the Spirit, the harmony that we create will be heard through our actions. I testify that music has
the potential and ability to change lives. I testify that Heavenly Father uses music to carry out the restored gospel message. I testify that any good music is inspired of God and all those who sing, perform, and write it are inspired men and women. I know that Jesus Christ lives and am thankful for the talents He has given me.

Elder Juan C. Alarcon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment